Fall is a time where delicious apples are abundant. If you have a few extra apples, try cutting them up and make this easy recipe. Serve with some homemade whipped cream!
Depending on the size of the glass bakeware (I'm using 5 1/2 inches by 7 1/2 inches), size up this recipe.
* 1 apple (best would be sweet apples: I used golden delicious)
* 1/2 pint of berries (any mix of your choosing, I am using blackberries)
* 1 cup of quakers instant oats
* 1/2 cup of brown sugar
* 4 tbsp (half a stick) of unsalted butter
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/8-1/4 tsp vanilla extract (depending on your preference.)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees C.
2) Chop up the apples, into medium sized cubes and cover the bottom of a glass baking dish and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.
3) Disperse the berries on top of the apples.
4) Combine the cup of oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
5) Cut the butter into small bits and add to the oats. Use your hands to mix the butter in and clump the oats and sugar together.
6) cover the apples and berries in a layer of the oats.
7) Bake for 30 minutes.