Farro is another ancient grain that is good for you and delicious. I like to make a healthy mushroom risotto with this grain with the help of my instant pot. It is quick easy and good for you!
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 yellow or white onion
* 1 cup farro
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 8 oz baby bella sliced mushrooms
* 2-4 oz cream cheese (depending on how creamy you want it)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper.
1) Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté and heat 1 tbsp of olive oil.
2) Dice the onions, and mince the garlic (I have a garlic crusher so I just use that straight into the pot when needed).
3) When the instant pot reaches temperature, add the onions and stir for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper.
4) Cook until the mushrooms are browned and released liquid. Stir to make sure the mushrooms don't stick. (About 8 minutes).
5) Add farro and cook for a minute. This will give it a nuttier flavor.
6) Add the vegetable broth, stir and turn off the sauté setting.
7) Put the top on the pot, and set the Pressure Cook/Manual setting to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed. Once done, leave for 10 minutes to natural release. Then manually release the pressure.
8) Add the cream cheese and mix by fluffing with a fork. If there is a bit too much liquid in the farro than you would want, saute for a few more minutes before adding the cream cheese.