This is my favorite brownie recipe. For those chocolate lovers who want a brownie that is crunchy at the top but soft and fudgy on the inside, this is for you! Check out the video at the bottom. Also, a great modification to this recipe is adding a delicious ricotta cream on top to take the edge off the sweetness. Follow the link for the topping recipe!
Ingredients: (use an 8x8 pan for thicker brownies, and 9x9 for thinner brownies)
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
* 1 1/8 cup white sugar
* 2 large eggs
*1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup flour
*1/2 cup cocoa
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/4 cup assorted chocolate chips, I used:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the sugar and mix only until blended. Note, extra mixing changes the texture of the brownie.
3) Mix in the eggs one at a time. (until batter looks white)
4) Add the vanilla extract
5) Mix the salt with the flour and add it to the butter mix 1/2 at a time.
6) Sift in the cocoa powder.
7) Fold the chocolate chips in.
8) Pour the batter into a greased pan (8x8 or 9x9). Note I used an olive oil spray for greasing. 9) Bake for around 22 minutes. (I have found I get the best texture after 22 minutes).